Eastern Mediterranean 2018: Ancient Lands Premium Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2018
Trace the splendour of great ancient empires, criss-crossing the Aegean Sea from the land of gods and goddesses to the sun-drenched seaside villages of the Cyclades islands. Take a walking tour of the Acropolis, enjoy sundowner views over Little Venice in Mykonos, and soak up the laid-back island vibes of Crete and Santorini.
- City tour in Athens
- See Hadrian's Arch and the 1896 Olympic Stadium in Athens
- View the Parthenon, the white-washed houses and windmills on Mykonos and the Caldera on Santorini
- Visit the Acropolis in Athens, the trendy island of Mykonos, the thriving Turkish port of Kusadasi, the idyllic island of Patmos, the medieval Old Town of Rhodes, the port town of Heraklion and the cliff-top town of Fira on Santorini
- 7 buffet breakfasts
- 4 cruise lunches
- 4 cruise dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens (2 Nights): Your fascinating exploration of an ancient land begins in the vibrant city of Athens. Upon arrival, you'll be transferred to your hotel before spending the rest of your day discovering the Athenian's zest for life and their characteristic xenia.|
Divani Palace Acropolis/Crowne Plaza
|Day 2||Athens||Athens Sightseeing: Join a Local Specialist today to uncover the treasures of ancient Athens. Our morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Royal Palace, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian's Arch and the Agora where Socrates once questioned ancient Athenians' understanding of the meaning of life. We'll enjoy a fascinating walking tour of the Acropolis with views of the Parthenon and marvel at the stadium built for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Spend the rest of the day embracing the energy of Athens. Ramble up the cobblestone lanes of Plaka, see the archaeological treasures of ancient Greece or indulge in a feast of Greek souvlaki or gyro at a traditional taverna, with a bit of opa thrown in for good measure.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Mykonos||Embark - Mykonos: We leave Athens this morning, sailing through the azure waters of the Aegean en route to Mykonos with its iconic windmills that greet visitors as they arrive in its beautiful bay. Spend your day getting lost in its labyrinthine cobblestone lanes lined by white-washed houses and bougainvillea.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 4||Patmos||Kusadasi (Turkey) or Samos (Greece) - Patmos: This morning, choose between visiting the bustling port of Kusadasi in Turkey for a Complimentary Shore Experience to explore ancient Ephesus or visit the Greek island of Samos, renowned for its viticulture. Later, we cruise to Patmos where the Book of Revelation was written by St. John, whose Cave of the Apocalypse you may choose to visit on a Shore Experience. Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 5||At Sea||Rhodes - At Sea: Walk in the footsteps of the religious knights who once conquered the island of Rhodes and explore the fascinating medieval Old Town with its thick stone walls, gates and cobblestone lanes. Later, consider joining an Optional Experience to Lindos and its centuries-old acropolis that overlooks the town's labyrinthine white-washed alleyways and picturesque bay beyond. Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 6||Santorini||Heraklion - Santorini: Sailing overnight, we arrive in Heraklion on the island of Crete where you could enjoy a fascinating encounter with centuries-old Minoan culture at the Palace of Knossos. We continue to Santorini where we will enjoy a Complimentary Shore Experience to the stunning clifftop village of Oia, passing quaint villages and vineyards along the way. Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 7||Athens||Disembark - Athens: We return to Athens this morning to enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Spend the day exploring the city's art and architecture that span centuries, shopping in quaint Kolonaki or people-watching over strong Greek coffee in Syntagma Square.Buffet Breakfast|
Divani Palace Acropolis/Crowne Plaza
|Day 8||Depart Athens||Depart Athens: Our epic adventure through ancient lands has come to an end. We say a fond farewell to newfound friends before catching a transfer to the airport for your return flight.Buffet Breakfast|
- Port Taxes: The above Port Taxes include tips and are accurate as of July 2017.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class