Europe & Britain First Class 2018: Italian Holiday Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018
The perfect 'antipasti' of Italy's glamorous capitals, from the elegance of Florence to Rome's open-air museum. Enter The Vatican Museums before the crowds, journey through striking Tuscan landscapes and cruise along the canals of Venice, see its famous Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Square. You'll also encounter the Renaissance highlights of Florence and Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- City tour in Rome and Florence
- Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- Orientation of Venice
- View the ancient sites of Rome, the Byzantine St. Mark's Basilica, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and the Roman Colosseum
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest) with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (2 Nights): Indulge all your senses in the imperial city of Rome, your introduction to a memorable encounter with Italy which will have you returning for more. Spend your afternoon relaxing after your journey, or explore the ancient city streets before joining your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception. This evening, we whet our appetites with an orientation drive past Rome's most magnificent sights which we will have an opportunity to explore tomorrow.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing: Our encounter with Rome begins in the Holy See as we visit the Vatican Museums in the company of a Local Specialist to admire the masterpieces that have been collected by Popes throughout the centuries. Gaining priority early access, we admire the magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and visit St. Peter's Basilica, the greatest church in Christendom, to see Michelangelo's sorrowful Pieta. Crossing the Tiber, we venture into Ancient Rome to visit the imposing Colosseum and Circus Maximus, once the site of tremendous chariot races which entertained hundreds and thousands of exhilarated spectators. Spend the afternoon exploring Rome on your terms, sitting on the Spanish Steps, or tossing a coin in the Trevi Fountain to secure your speedy return to Rome.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Venice||Rome - Venice: This morning, we venture through the picturesque valley of the Tiber north into the green and golden landscapes of Umbria. We pass the picturesque hilltop towns of Orte and Orvieto, travelling through Tuscany's terraced olive groves and the Appenine Mountains before arriving in Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
Novotel Venezia Mestre Castellana
|Day 4||Verona||Venice Orientation - Verona: Venice and all its centuries-old charm welcomes us today as we cruise by private launch to the city's most prominent sights, including views of the Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace. We gain a Cultural Insight into the intricate craft of glassblowing and soak up the pageantry and elegance of Venice before embarking for Verona, home of Shakespeare's ill-fated Romeo and Juliet, where we'll spend the night.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Florence||Verona - Pisa - Florence: Pisa's Square of Miracles is our first stop today where we will have the opportunity to view the extraordinary Leaning Tower and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Piazza del Duomo before arriving in Florence. Explore the birthplace of the Renaissance and home to the famous de' Medici dynasty whose penchant for beautiful art and architecture created one of the cultural centres of the world. Tonight we enjoy an unforgettable Be My Guest dinner in the picturesque Chianti countryside.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 6||Rome||Florence - Rome: We join a Local Specialist today to delve into the rich medieval and Renaissance history of Florence, visiting the imposing Piazza della Signoria with its impressive sculptures and imposing palazzi. Wandering through the narrow streets, we encounter the multi-coloured marble Duomo and famous Baptistery. We have an opportunity to view the 400-year-old Ponte Vecchio, a spectacular feat of engineering dating from the Middle Ages and today lined with jewellers, art dealers and souvenir shops, before travelling through Umbria to the valley of the Tiber River and back to Rome. Our journey together comes to an end in the Eternal City. Enjoy a memorable holiday with newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 7||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: After breakfast, it's time to say a fond arrivederci to Rome, Italy and your travel companions as you return home with wonderful memories of this magnificent destination. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Cruise Connection: This trip starts and ends in a popular cruise port, so you can combine a cruise with a more in-depth guided holiday in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class