USA and Canada 2018: Best of the Canyonlands Summer 2018
Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2018
Descend from the Mile High City, into the foothills of the Rockies and through the badlands, canyons and natural arches that give way to ancient clifftop villages and mesas rising up from the red valley floor-a dramatic, exclusive venue for an unforgettable traditional Navajo cookout with new friends.
- Scenic drive along Desert View Drive, Route 66
- Visit Vail, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Moab, the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon National Park, Las Vegas
- 6 full breakfasts
- 2 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Denver||Arrive Denver: Welcome to the Mile High City. Nestled between the High Plains and the majestic Rockies, Denver entices visitors and locals alike with sunny blue skies and snowcapped peaks. After settling in at your hotel, head out on your own to take in some of Denver's attractions. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
Sheraton Denver Downtown
|Day 2||Moab||Denver - Vail - Moab (2 Nights): Head toward the mountains this morning as you ascend into the foothills of the Rockies and cross the Continental Divide on your way to the resort destination of Vail. Founded in 1966 at the base of one of the largest ski mountains in the United States, this pretty alpine village has an old-world feel that attracts outdoor enthusiasts. Then it's on to Moab where, in the late 1940s, the legendary John Ford discovered the area's rugged beauty and filmed the first of many movies here. Tonight is yours-perhaps opt for taking in the sunset over the red cliffs. If you're in the mood for more excitement, try a jet boat ride along the mighty Colorado River followed by dinner.Full Breakfast|
BW Plus Canyonlands Inn
|Day 3||Moab||Canyonlands and Arches National Parks Excursion: Today, embark on a journey to explore two National Parks. Discover stunning Canyonlands National Park and visit magnificent Arches National Park where the wind and rain have eroded the sandstone into more than 2,000 natural arches. Wander through a kaleidoscope of geologic time as you watch the light play upon the ancient, multi-hued stone. Enjoy the rest of the day to discover on your own.Full Breakfast|
|Day 4||Monument Valley||Moab - Mesa Verde National Park - Monument Valley: Travel south this morning through a mesmerising landscape dotted with natural arches and rock formations, framed by the jagged Rockies in the distance. Crossing back into Colorado, skirt the edge of the San Juan National Forest before arriving at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mesa Verde National Park. Between 600 and 1300 A.D., the Ancestral Puebloan people carved houses and entire communities out of the sandstone along the canyon walls. Explore some of the cliff-top buildings and look down at the massive Cliff Palace, the largest cliff dwelling in the world; then spend some time learning about the culture and traditions of this once-great civilisation. This evening, enjoy a unique Navajo cookout Regional Meal in Monument Valley before returning to your hotel.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 5||Grand Canyon National Park||Monument Valley - Grand Canyon National Park: This morning, after a tour of the Monument Valley floor in an open-air vehicle with a Local Specialist, wind your way through the ancestral home of the Navajo people, stopping at Cameron Trading Post to browse through handicrafts and maybe enjoy some tasty fry bread. This afternoon, follow scenic Desert View Drive before arriving at the Grand Canyon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Immerse yourself in the stunning panoramic views from the South Rim. This afternoon, meet with a Local Specialist who will walk you through the geologic life of the canyon and enjoy the chance to examine the multi-coloured rocks from different eras of the canyon's formation. Toast your grand adventure and your new lifelong memories at a Farewell Dinner inside the park.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
National Park Lodges
|Day 6||Las Vegas||Grand Canyon National Park - Las Vegas: Rise early to catch the first rays of light as they illuminate the canyon. Perhaps take an optional helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft flightseeing trip to view the canyon from the sky. Hit the road again, stopping along famed Route 66 hot spots, Seligman and Kingman. Driving through these desert oases is like cruising back in time to see the classic motels, diners and gas stations of a simpler time. Then it's full speed ahead to glittering Las Vegas.Full Breakfast|
Tropicana Las Vegas
|Day 7||Depart Las Vegas||Depart Las Vegas: This morning, a transfer is provided to Las Vegas International Airport or perhaps choose to extend your stay at the Tropicana.Full Breakfast|
- These departures will operate as per the 2017 brochure. Itineraries, durations, hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class