USA, Canada and Central America 2019: Canadas Rockies with Rocky Mountaineer Silverleaf Summer 2019
Brochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2019
Relax onboard the Rocky Mountaineer for two days of all-daylight rail travel through Canada's West and the Canadian Rockies.
- City tour of Banff
- Scenic Drive along the Icefields Parkway
- Visit Jasper National Park, ride aboard an Ice Explorer on the Athabasca Glacier, Banff National Park
- 9 full breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- 2 lunches
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Calgary||Arrive Calgary: Tip your Stetson to Canada's 'Cowboy Country', kick-starting your adventure through the inimitable Rockies in Calgary. This evening, gather at your hotel joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Jasper National Park||Calgary - Lake Louise - Jasper National Park (2 Nights): Embark on a spiritual encounter with the Canadian Rockies, admiring the ethereal beauty of Lake Louise, the surrounding summits and Victoria Glacier, before we continue along the Icefields Parkway. Skirt the craggy peaks, waterfalls and luminous glacial lakes keeping an eye out for grizzlies, elk and mountain goats as you make your way through the wilderness to Jasper. Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Jasper||Jasper Sightseeing: Soak up pristine natural surrounds enjoying a morning at leisure. Enjoy dramatic views as you take a guided walk to Maligne Canyon, one of the most beautiful gorges in the Rockies. Learn about the underground river system while following the canyon's trail past waterfalls and jagged rock formations. Take to the aqua waters of Maligne Lake later this afternoon (seasonal), admiring views of its three glaciers and Spirit Island before indulging in a Regional Meal. Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 4||Banff||Jasper - Athabasca Glacier - Banff (3 Nights): We crunch across the glistening icefield of Athabasca Glacier this morning, stepping aboard an Ice Explorer to learn about glaciers and their impact on the environment. Take a sip of ice cold glacier water and admire the surrounding snowcapped panorama before continuing your journey to the alpine village of Banff. Before dinner, you'll enjoy a rare opportunity to meet a retired Royal Canadian Mountie, dressed in the traditional red serge uniform. This Local Specialist will share colourful stories about life in the 'force' and even pose for a photo or two. Full Breakfast, Dinner|
Banff Park Lodge
|Day 5||Banff||Banff Sightseeing: Learn the art of playing the puck like a pro when you meet a real Canadian hockey player in Canmore. Dive into Culture and embrace Canada's national sport, learning the secrets and superstitions of hockey players as a professional coach walks you through a day in the life of a player. Go inside the players' dressing room and don the full hockey gear. Grab your stick and it's off onto the ice where you're soon find out whether you are a lefty or righty and learn how to score the big goal. A sightseeing excursion around Banff reveals the exquisite natural beauty of the area. Admire the classic viewpoint of Surprise Corner, spectacular Bow Falls and the hoodoo rock formations. Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||Banff||Banff: Reconnect with nature, with a free morning to spend as you please. We travel to the Guinn family ranch and Connect with Locals over a special Be My Guest Farewell Dinner in pristine surrounds. After dinner, twist, kick and bump your way to country line-dancing success.Full Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
|Day 7||Kamloops||Banff - Kamloops: A sensational two day journey on-board the Rocky Mountaineer with a night in Kamloops. Your train journey through Canada's stunning Rocky Mountains begins as you head west to Vancouver.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
Assigned by Rocky Mountaineer
|Day 8||Vancouver||Kamloops - Vancouver: Continue your journey by rail through British Colombia to Vancouver. Upon arrival into Vancouver, your included transfer will take you to the Vancouver International Airport or the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront. Airport arrival will be between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., depending on rail traffic, please be aware when booking your flights.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
- SilverLeaf: XXXXX per person twin room, XXX single supplement GoldLeaf: XXXXX per person twin room, XXX single supplementPrices include all taxes and gratuities to on-board personnel.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class