Best of Eastern Canada and USA (Summer 2019)
Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2019
Uncover the best of Eastern Canada and USA as you explore these diverse countries in a style and manner that suits you. From delicious regional delicacies in Montpelier, where you'll try Vermont's traditional 'sugar on snow', to the sweeping skylines of New York City, you'll be taken aback by Canada's natural wonder and the US's revolutionary history. Top tip: Don't forget your raincoat as you board a cruise taking you up close to the thundering phenomenon that is Niagara Falls.
- Quebec: Choose from a selection of delectable restaurants during a Dine-Around Evening.
- Bar Harbor: Feast on a traditional meal of Maine lobster at your Highlight Dinner.
- New York: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner at renowned Bond 45.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 1 Dinner (D) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Montreal: Discover this city of contrasts with its quaint old-world charm as well as its more thriving modern areas. A Local Expert will talk to you about life in the French-Canadian capital.
- Quebec: Experience the city's unique European charm with your Quebecois Local Expert.
- Toronto: Be at the centre of the action at the downtown Hilton Toronto.
- Ottawa: Located along the majestic shores of Leamy Lake, the Hilton Lac-Leamy boasts a beautiful, natural location just minutes away from downtown.
- Montreal: In the heart of downtown, the Hyatt Regency Montreal is a true urban oasis.
- Quebec: With its unique and contemporary style, the Hotel Manoir Victoria is located in the heart of the historic and culturally vibrant Old Quebec.
- Bar Harbor: Overlooking Frenchman's Bay, the luxurious Harborside Hotel, Spa and Marina welcomes guests to a relaxed seaside retreat that embodies the spirit of coastal Maine.
- Boston: Centrally located in the 'City on a Hill', the Hyatt Regency Boston is just steps away from many of the city's iconic sites.
- Philadelphia: Situated along Philadelphia's historic waterfront, the Hilton Penn's Landing gives guests access to some of the country's most historic landmarks.
- Washington D.C.: The Mayflower Hotel, an Autograph Collection, has played an important role in Washington, D.C.'s social scene, hosting head of states and personalities since it opened in 1925.
- New York: Experience the excitement of a major city at the Marriott Marquis situated in Times Square.
- Niagara Falls: Board your cruise and greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the falls. Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Toronto: Travel up University Avenue to see museum row, Queen's Park and City Hall.
- Kingston: See the old buildings, churches and fortifications.
- Ottawa: See the Parliament building, City Hall and National Gallery of Canada.
- Quebec: Visit the Montmorency Falls.
- Bar Harbor: Experience the natural beauty of Acadia National Park.
- Kennebunkport: Stroll along the shops and historic buildings.
- Boston: Follow part of Boston's red-brick Freedom Trail which brings the story of the American Revolution to life.
- Philadelphia: View Independence Hall and visit the Liberty Bell.
- Washington, D.C.: View the sites of this historic capital including the White House and Capitol Hill. Visit the Lincoln Memorial.
- New York: Enjoy sweeping skyline views from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at New York's famed Rockefeller Center. See the Financial and Broadway Districts and Battery Park.
- New York: Take in the famous sites and lights with your local New York insider.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Toronto||Thrilling Toronto.: Welcome to Toronto, a vibrant city on Lake Ontario, full of fine restaurants, bars and a unique mix of cultures. On arrival at Toronto International Airport, a transfer will take you to your hotel. You'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner with wine at 18:00. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Toronto||Toronto and the Thundering Falls.: Travel up University Avenue to see Queen's Park and the Parliament Buildings, before venturing on to spectacular Niagara Falls. View this great natural wonder up-close on a cruise to the base of the falls. Browse quaint Niagara-on-the-Lake before returning to Toronto. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Ottawa||Kingston and Ottawa.: Journey to historic Kingston, otherwise known as the Limestone City and view the old buildings, churches and fortifications, with many of them being constructed from limestone itself. Continue on to the Canadian capital of Ottawa where you will check in to the Hilton Lac-Leamy and spend a relaxed night. (Breakfast)|
Hilton Lac-Leamy, Gatineau-Ottawa.
|Day 4||Montreal||Montreal, the Royal Mountain.: Get ready for an exciting morning exploring Ottawa, with a tour of the city's stately boulevards, before heading to the diverse metropolis of Montreal, which is in the French-speaking province of Quebec. Once there, you'll join a Local Expert who will guide you around Old Montreal, the grand mansions of Mount Royal, and the iconic Notre-Dame Basilica. (Breakfast)|
Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier, Montreal.
|Day 5||Quebec City||The Old Walled City of Quebec.: Today is a day for foodies. Enjoy lunch at a local sugar shack and learn how maple syrup is created and harvested, before visiting the awe-inspiring Montmorency Falls. Enjoy an afternoon in Quebec City. Set atop sheer cliffs and with a strong French influence both in its culture and architecture, this elegant city will be your home for the next couple of days. In the evening you'll choose from a selection of top local restaurants on a Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Manoir Victoria, Quebec City.
|Day 6||Quebec City||Quintessential Quebec.: Discover more of Quebec's unique European charm with a Local Expert, who will guide you along the city's quaint cobblestone streets. You'll see the Latin Quarter, Plains of Abraham, City Hall and Palace Royale. You'll also walk past the Citadel, w hich offers great view of the city and Chateau Frontenac. The rest of the day is yours at leisure and your Travel Director will be on hand to point you in the right direction for top attractions, restaurants and shopping. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Manoir Victoria, Quebec City.
|Day 7||Bar Harbor||Quebec to Bar Harbor.: Bid 'Au Revoir' to Quebec City as you cross the U.S. border and travel toward Mount Desert Island on the Atlantic Coast. A tranquil getaway, this large island comes with freshwater lakes, rugged clifftops, forests and striking mountains. Make the most of the tranquil setting at your hotel, which is situated on the island itself. (Breakfast)|
Harborside Hotel, Spa & Marina, Bar Harbor.
|Day 8||Bar Harbor||Explore Acadia National Park.: Take in the natural beauty of Acadia National Park, with its dramatic rocky shoreline and rugged nautical charm. You'll witness amazing views of the park from the top of Cadillac Mountain, while guests wanting to explore on foot can join their Travel Director to view well known spots such as Thunder Hole. You'll have time to explore Bar Harbor on your own. Stop for an ice cream or head to the bustling souvenir stores to stock up on some holiday treats. The evening is saved for a delectable Highlight Dinner with your new friends, as you feast on authentic Maine lobster, a local specialty and one that won't disappoint. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Harborside Hotel, Spa & Marina, Bar Harbor.
|Day 9||Boston||The Coast of New England to Boston.: Follow the rocky Maine shoreline, stopping in picturesque Kennebunkport, a glitzy, New England resort town and the iconic home of the Bush family. The town has a number of fine, well-preserved mansions, many of which have been turned into pretty inns. After your arrival into Boston, enjoy an appetising dinner at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Hyatt Regency Boston.
|Day 10||Boston||Boston, the Cradle of Liberty.: Famous for its American Revolutionary war history, Boston is a place for keen history buffs. Join your Travel Director as they guide you along the Freedom Trail, a route that leads you to 16 historically significant sites, including Old State House and the meeting house where the Boston Tea Party of 1773 was planned. The rest of your day is at leisure. Perhaps take a stroll to Downtown Crossing or historic Faneuil Hall. For foodies looking for treats, head to Boston's North End. With its large Italian community, this part of town houses some of the best Italian bakeries in the city, as lines of shoppers circle the block to get their hands on fresh canolis and other treats. (Breakfast)|
Hyatt Regency Boston.
|Day 11||Philadelphia||Liberty in Philadelphia.: Travel to Pennsylvania's largest city, Philadelphia, where the Liberty Bell first chimed and Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence. You'll explore the city with your Travel Director, who will point out key landmarks. You'll have the chance to walk in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin himself or if you're more of a movie buff, grab your boxing gloves and strike a pose next to the Rocky statue at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. (Breakfast)|
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
|Day 12||Washington, DC||Washington, D.C. 'The American Rome'.: Explore Independence National Historic Park and visit the Liberty Bell before enjoying some leisure time on your own. Journey to Washington, D.C., the nation's capital and a haven for history and art lovers alike. You'll spend the night at the luxurious Mayflower Hotel, proclaimed by President Truman to be Washington, D.C.'s 'Second best Address', after the White House. (Breakfast)|
The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, Washington, D.C.
|Day 13||Washington, DC||Washington, D.C. Sightseeing and Leisure Time.: In the morning, immerse yourself on a sightseeing tour and delve into the proud heritage of a nation. View the White House, the striking Washington Monument, and sprawling National Mall. Reflect on the country's most turbulent days at the Lincoln Memorial and the World War II Memorial. The rest of the day is at leisure and if you fancy clueing up on more American history, head back to the National Mall where you'll find an array of museums, including the National Gallery of Art and National Air and Space Museum, most of which are free. You should also plan to check out the poignant national monuments such as the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial. (Breakfast)|
|Day 14||New York||A Bite of the Big Apple.: Follow the bright lights to New York City. Here you'll visit the Top of the Rock Observation Deck, with stunning views of the New York skyline. Your hotel is situated in the heart of Times Square close to all the theatres, so why not try to get some tickets for a Broadway show as the evening is yours at leisure? (Breakfast)|
New York Marriott Marquis.
|Day 15||New York||A Manhattan Masterpiece.: Explore the City that Never Sleeps with your Local Expert, before heading out on your own. If it's tranquillity you're after, relish the calm of Central Park, an expansive space designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. At night join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner at vibrant Bond 45 and toast to new friends and fantastic memories. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 16||New York||Depart New York City.: It's time to say goodbye to The Empire State. A morning transfer will take you to JFK International, LaGuardia Airport or Newark Liberty International Airport for your flight home. Alternatively, if you want to see more of New York, extend your stay at your own pleasure. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class