Great Western American Adventure (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
Glorious cities, wine country, dramatic canyons and coastal towns - this is truly a marvellous and diverse composition of the American West.
Additional Included Highlights
- Sedona: Visit this Red Rock Country artists' colony
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy stunning views
- Cameron: Stop at the Historic Trading Post
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos
- Salt Lake City: View the headquarters for the Mormon religion
- Jackson: See the town's iconic antler arch
- Grand Teton National Park: Enjoy views of Jenny Lake
- Black Hills: Witness the huge Crazy Horse Memorial and the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- San Francisco: See the cable cars, Union Square and Golden Gate Bridge
- Sonoma: Explore the shops of this Spanish Plaza
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand. Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops
- Santa Barbara: Drive down State Street, view the Court House and Stearns Wharf
- Santa Monica: Stroll along the Third Street Promenade
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theater
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at the Thunderbird Room while taking in views of the South Rim.
- Sonoma: Sample a private tasting at a local Sonoma vineyard.
- Monterey: Dinner with wine is available from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Included Quality Dining: 14 Full Breakfasts (FB) and 7 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Grand Canyon: Join a Local Expert for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
- San Francisco: Revisit the 'Summer of Love' with a Local Expert and former hippie at Haight-Ashbury, the iconic district where the hippie counterculture evolved.
- San Francisco: Timeless yet modern, The Westin St Francis Union Square has a vibrant, directly located on Union Square, with cable cars stopping just outside the doors.
- National Parks Hotels: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- Lake Powell: We guarantee Lake View rooms at the Lake Powell Resort, with picture-perfect vistas and breathtaking sunsets.
- Zion National Park: Stay in rustic charming lodges, located right inside the National Parks.
- Las Vegas: Sleek modern decor and the luxurious furnishings make every guest feel like royalty at the ARIA Resort and Spa.
- Sonoma: The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa, surrounded by lush vineyards and dotted with natural hot springs.
- Yosemite: Stay in the park at the Yosemite Valley Lodge and enjoy Yosemite after the crowds have left, just a short walk to Yosemite Falls.
- Monterey: Located on Cannery Row, Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa is the most dramatic waterfront hotel in California.
- Santa Barbara: Stay at the Double Tree Fess Parker in beautiful mission-style rooms, with views of the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Ynez Mountains.
- Los Angeles: Stay at JW Marriott Los Angeles LA. LIVE. situated in downtown LA, within walking distance of the city's most noteworthy attractions.
- Scottsdale: Wander the grounds of this desert oasis, leaving behind your hectic lifestyle to relax and renew.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Zion Canyon: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- Santa Barbara: Visit Mission Santa Barbara, a historic Spanish mission founded by the Franciscan order in 1786.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from San Francisco Airport and to Las Vegas Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Francisco||San Francisco, the City by the Bay.: Welcome to California. On arrival at San Francisco International Airport, your transfer will take you to your hotel. At 18:00, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Westin St Francis, San Francisco
|Day 2||San Francisco||Exploring San Francisco.: Spend the morning with your Tour Director taking in the sights. (Full Breakfast)|
Westin St Francis, San Francisco
|Day 3||Sonoma||Haight-Ashbury and a Taste of Wine Country.: Join a former hippie and your Local Expert during a walking tour of Haight-Ashbury for a flashback to the Flower Power era. Enter California wine country, walk through vineyards and enjoy a private tasting. In the evening, you are treated to a Highlight Dinner with local wine, overlooking the Sonoma Plaza. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa.
|Day 4||Yosemite National Park||Yosemite National Park.: Travel to Yosemite National Park and explore spectacular waterfalls, El Capitan, and Half Dome. At night, make the most of your hotel located inside the park. (Full Breakfast)|
Yosemite Valley Lodge.
|Day 5||Monterey||Monterey, the Cradle of History.: Arrive in Carmel-by-the-Sea, browse the galleries and shops, before a relaxing drive along scenic 17-Mile Drive, before passing the famous Pebble Beach Golf Links and multi-million-dollar mansions, before arriving in Monterey. For your dining pleasure, you have a selection of local restaurants to choose from during your Dine-Around Evening with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa.
|Day 6||Santa Barbara||Hearst Castle and the American Riviera.: Head south, high above the ocean at San Simeon, for a guided tour of Hearst Castle, the grandiose estate of William Randolph Hearst. Continue to the resort town of Santa Barbara, often called the 'American Riviera'. (Full Breakfast)|
The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort (Ocean view rooms), Santa Barbara
|Day 7||Los Angeles||Santa Monica and the City of Angels.: Visit the beautiful Mission Santa Barbara and learn about California missions. Journey along Santa Monica Bay and enjoy a tour with a Local Expert of the Santa Monica Pier. Continue to your luxurious hotel. (Full Breakfast)|
JW Marriott Los Angeles
|Day 8||Los Angeles||The Glitz and Glam of LA.: In the morning, join a Local Specialist on a private tour of a historic theatre in Hollywood. Then join your Tour Director with a sightseeing tour including Grauman's Chinese Theatre and a stroll along the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Spend time on your own at the historic LA Farmers Market. In the evening, enjoy a Highlight Dinner with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
JW Marriott Los Angeles
|Day 9||Scottsdale||Across the Mojave to Scottsdale.: Travel across the Mojave Desert wilderness. Arrive in Scottsdale and relax at your resort. (Full Breakfast)|
The McCormick Scottsdale.
|Day 10||Grand Canyon||Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon.: Head to the bohemian colony of Sedona, before travelling on to Grand Canyon National Park. Spend the night inside the park after the crowds have departed. During your stay, join a Local Expert for an informative presentation about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. In the evening, enjoy a Highlight Dinner with wine in the Thunderbird Room with magnificent views. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
National Park Lodges
|Day 11||Lake Powell||Monument Valley and Lake Powell.: Head to the historic Cameron Trading Post, featuring Native American crafts. Then, continue to Monument Valley, and board all-terrain vehicles to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Stop at the Glen Canyon Dam before arriving at your lakefront resort. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (Lake view rooms), Lake Powell
|Day 12||Lake Powell||Leisurely Lake Powell.: Relax and enjoy the resort's facilities, then later take an included leisurely cruise through Antelope Canyon. (Full Breakfast)|
Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas.
|Day 13||Zion National Park||Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.: Head to Bryce Canyon National Park for a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the great amphitheatre of hoodoos. Travel through more amazing scenery in Zion National Park. In the evening, join your newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Zion National Park Lodge.
|Day 14||Las Vegas||Zion to Las Vegas, from Nature to Neon.: Board a private Zion Canyon Shuttle, with live commentary, followed by free time to explore before continuing to Las Vegas. (Full Breakfast)|
ARIA Resort and Casino, Las Vegas
|Day 15||Depart Las Vegas||Depart Las Vegas.: Your adventure ends with a departure transfer to the Las Vegas International Airport or extend your stay in Las Vegas. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible! 12 Jan 2018: This departure will end at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles. Book ILXWBA3 for applicable Post nights. 9 Feb 2018: This departure will stay at the Beverly Hills Marriott in Los Angeles. 27 Apr, 25 May, 15 Jun, 29 Jun 2018: These departures will stay at the Westin Bonaventure instead of the JW Mariott in Los Angeles. 27 Apr, 04 May, 01 Jun, 08 Jun, 28 Sep 2018: These departures will stay at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite National Park in Fish Camp located outside of Yosemite National Park. 04 May, 25 May, 08 Jun and 28 Sep 2018: These departures will stay at at Springhill Suites Zion National Park in Springdale (UT) located outside of Zion National Park instead of at Zion Lodge in Zion National Park.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class